All CARA members are invited to realize the full scope of the practice of research administration through volunteer opportunities in leadership, membership engagement, mentoring, publishing, teaching, editing, researching, event planning, and other areas. Volunteering is a great way to enhance your career, expand your professional network and have fun! You will gain additional experience and help guide the future of research management in Canada.
Benefits of volunteering
A member-driven organization, CARA is dependent upon and very grateful for, all its volunteers. Volunteers’ generosity and expertise are the foundation of all of our successes. We recognize their contributions in many ways including:
- Two free webinar passes per year
- Several prizes draw
- Possibility of being nominated and winning a distinguished CARA award
- The invitation to the President’s Reception at CARA's national conference
- Preferential consideration in the awarding of bursaries for the Research Administration Certificate
- Volunteer translators are eligible to receive a 12 cents/word credit, which they are then able to accumulate and apply towards the cost of membership, conference or webinar registration
CARA Volunteers represent members from across Canada who give of their time, creativity and expertise to add value to the membership and research administration community in Canada.